Beautifully Developed Private Island Offering Complete Privacy
Located a stone’s throw from the mainland in Wheeler Bay, a picturesque working harbor on the St. George Peninsula, Ram Island historically functioned as a safe place to pasture sheep. Today the 5± acre island is a delightful retreat offering complete privacy, wonderful views, and a very attractive four-bedroom residence. The island has been beautifully developed and impeccably maintained and includes lovely woods, picnic areas, and fine walking trails. Approximately 1700± feet of accessible shorefront is composed of sand and pebble beaches and granite ledge. A sheltered, tidal dock provides a convenient landing.
- The residence is a compound of four buildings thoughtfully conceived to incorporate their natural setting and promote privacy
- The buildings are clustered around a beautifully landscaped central courtyard and connected by boardwalk and stone paths
- Separate boathouse with a versatile screened room overlooking the water
- The home combines traditional Maine “camp” style with extremely appealing Arts and Crafts architectural elements
- Casual summer residence with tremendous style and a serene, comfortable, and elegant setting