Tropical Private Island with Beach and Coconut Trees near Puerto Vallarta
Isla Tortuga is a tropical island of 3.26 hectares covered with coconut and has 327 meters of pristine beachfront facing the Platanitos Surf Break. The island is surrounded by 1,500 acres of ecological preserve with miles of estuary channels, accessed directly from the island.
Isla Tortuga is at the center of the Riviera Nayarit, which was featured in Sept 2018 on the Bloomberg Website as the “IT” new destination worldwide.
Unlike many tropical islands, Isla Tortuga, while providing seclusion and privacy, has the unique feature that it is just 60 miles from the international airport at Puerto Vallarta, and can be reached by public road to the Platanitos Sea Turtle Camp, and then by crossing a short sandspit, which is drivable at all but the very highest tidal events.
The island has many additional features:
• Less than 2 hours from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
• Easy access via sandspit by vehicle
• Comes with Surf Break – point and beach breaks
• Surrounded by 1500-acre eco-reserve
• Adjacent to Sea Turtle Protection camp
• Over 1500 feet of beach frontage
• Private Property – No leases
• Zoned for private estate or small eco-resort or glamping site