Imagine the Caribbean before it went public...
Guana remains the most unspoiled jewel of the British Virgin Islands. Our 850 acres, seven beaches, mountains, gardens, organic orchard, dozens of hiking trails, and even our flock of flamingos are the exclusive domain of a handful of guests for the duration of their stay. In this setting, where the sparkling Caribbean meets the vast Atlantic, you’ll find first-class dining, accommodations, and service in a tradition of low-key luxury perfected through nearly a century of family stewardship.
Rentals start from USD 720 per cottage per night (subject to taxes and resort fees), based on two people sharing Guana Island’s charming Sea View Cottage. The more luxurious House Villas start from USD 3,315 per night (again subject to taxes and resort fees) and are available in one-, two- and three-bedroom combinations.
Alternatively, the whole island could be yours for USD 23,500- per night. This rate includes accommodation for up to 32 guests across the island’s fifteen sea-view rooms and its magnificent villa, as well as three meals per day, afternoon refreshments and all standard beverages. Larger or smaller groups can be accommodated – simply contact a member of the Vladi Islands Travel team for further information.
Rates are all-inclusive: Exquisite farm-to-table cuisine (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), all beverages and wine (excludes reserve), snacks throughout the day and fruits from the Island’s magnificent organic orchard.
• All on-island activities
• Daily rates include round-trip taxi fares and boat transfers from Beef Island airport for visits of 4 nights or longer,
Rates DO NOT Include:
• On and off Island excursions
• 18% tax and resort fee
Guana is located in the British Virgin Islands, just minutes by private launch north of Tortola.
White Bay Beach, often cited as the BVI’s finest beach, is a half-mile expanse of powder-white sand. Six other pristine beaches provide even greater privacy. Snorkeling opportunities abound, especially at Guana’s southern tip, which is a Protected Fisheries Area.
Sea View Cottages: Enjoy the comfort of cottages that are elegantly decorated in traditional Caribbean textiles, finished with handcrafted furnishings and original artwork that includes watercolors painted on Island in the 1930s by Louis Bigelow. Our hilltop rooms are naturally cooled by a gentle breeze through the wooden louvres, and air conditioning if needed. Each cottage has its own private terrace with stunning views of the Caribbean Sea, Atlantic Ocean, or both. Two of our Sea View Cottages offer private pools.
• Jost Villa: Nestled into the mountainside, Jost is Guana’s largest and most luxurious villa. Choose to enjoy idyllic views from the living room with vaulted ceiling, dining room, or the expansive terraces with an infinity pool that overlooks both the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea. Jost is available as a one, two, or three bedroom villa with additional kids bedroom on request.
• Harbour Villa: Located on the scenic ridge, Harbour Villa has panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Enjoy expansive views from sprawling terraces. Relax in the private infinity pool. Harbour is a one, two, or three bedroom Villa, and can be joined with Grenada Villa for a total of up to six bedrooms.
• North Beach Villa: The only accommodation on secluded North Beach, this one or two bedroom Villa is a world unto itself. With its own private pool and sundeck nestled into the dune above Guana’s dramatic North Bay, this Villa is the most private setting on the Island.
• Anegada Villa: Located on the scenic ridge, Anegada is a three bedroom Villa that has stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Enjoy the expansive views from the 3 terraces or relax in the private pool overlooking White Bay and Guana’s Sugarloaf Mountain.
• Grenada Villa: Located at Island’s highest lookout, this Villa has stunning 360-degree views from White Bay to the South, to Anegada to the East. Relax in your private pool, or lounge on expansive terraces. Grenada is a one, two, or three bedroom Villa and can be joined with Harbour Villa for a total of up to six bedrooms, plus kitchen and gathering room.
The Guana Restaurant, led by Executive Chef Xavier Arnau, offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as afternoon snacks, pre-dinner hors d’ouevres and a full bar. Using techniques learned during stints at El Bulli and Nobu (London), Chef Arnau’s four-course dinner menu regularly incorporates local seafood, and produce taken from the Island’s organic orchard. With tables set overlooking the ocean, the Restaurant is one of the most visually dramatic spots on the island, and also provides guests the opportunity to socialize with guests before and after dinner.
In-room dining is also available within certain cottages and private dining can be arranged on the island’s Garden of Eden. Alternatively, for the perfect couples’ treat, why not embark on a romantic “Castaway Picnic”? Guests will be provided with a decadent picnic lunch, beach chairs, towels and an umbrella as well as their own private beach, upon which they can enjoy uninterrupted sunshine and seclusion.
Adventures and Spa
• On Land: We offer tennis, volleyball, badminton, croquet, ping-pong and even bocce, lawn bowling and horseshoes at the beach. Of course, if you’d rather not expend that much energy, there are lounges, hammocks and our private beach bar to entertain you.
• On the Sea: A fleet of beach toys like stand-up paddle boards, paddle boats, kayaks, sunfish and hobie-cat, and snorkeling gear stand at the ready. Further adventures include scuba, water-skiing, kite surfing, local and deep-sea fishing and wakeboarding.
• 12 Miles of Hiking Trails: Explore the ruins of the sugar plantation and stone foundations of the Lake House, home to one of Guana’s early Quaker families. Reach the 806-foot summit of Sugarloaf Mountain for commanding views of the surrounding islands. Or visit Long Man’s Point, descend the stone staircase cut into the cliff and swim in the pools below.
• Spa: With a full selection of luxurious and holistic treatments, from the classic manicure or facial to hot stone massage and aromatherapy, the Spa sits just steps from White Bay Beach where nothing will distract you but the sounds of the sea and the gentle breezes. We also offer unique treatments featuring specialized ingredients form our organic Orchard, such as a body scrub using freshly picked passion fruit and lemon basil..
• Excursions: If you would like to explore the world beyond Guana, we can plan a day or half-day boat trip to our sister island, Norman Island (Robert Louis Stevenson’s original Treasure Island) for lunch, or any other BVI destination including the legendary Baths at Virgin Gorda.
Guana’s Luxury Boutique Hotel
Our intimate hotel is built of native stone and coral, on the foundations of an 18th century Quaker estate. Sprinkled along a scenic ridge and cooled by gentle tradewinds, each of our 18 unique rooms and villas offers commanding views of the Caribbean and the Atlantic.
Private Island Takeover
For celebrations like weddings, family reunions or special birthdays — or just for fun — you and up to 42 of your luckiest friends or family can have the Island to yourselves. Our staff will work with you in advance to arrange every detail of your “private island takeover.” With no marina or other public facilities, all 850 acres will be yours for as long as you like.
Best time to travel
The British Virgin Islands are blessed with great weather throughout the year. August and September are the hottest months, with daytime temperatures climbing as high as 38°C. Don’t worry, though – refreshment is on hand via the occasional brief showers which punctuate the intense heat. The winter months are on average 3°C cooler than the rest of the year but remain an incredibly popular time to travel – especially amongst guests looking to see in the New Year in style. Please note: Guana Island is closed throughout the month of September.
It's easy to get to the Island that's like no place on earth.
From the US or Europe, fly by commercial airline into Tortola’s Beef Island
Airport (EIS) via San Juan, St. Thomas, or Antigua. Or fly privately or by charter. Our boatmen will be waiting for you with a smile, and then it’s just minutes by private launch to Guana’s White Bay.
More properties like this
Valley Trunk Estate
Valley Trunk Estate
St. Bernard's Hill Estate